My Love Eternal

My Love Eternal - Liz Strange Review by Ronda
bittenbyparanormalromance

DARK & GRUESOME!

My Love Eternal isn’t like a lot of the vampire romances out there where there is all hot and sugar coated romance revealed. No, if you like the dark side of vampires such as the gory bloodshed violence of the horrifying kill and the fear vampires thrive on then this book is right up your alley.

There is passion, but not the descriptive erotica that we all love from sexy vampires. For my taste I thought the sexual encounters between Giovanni and Rachel lacked the steaminess or maybe there wasn’t enough foreplay. The sex scene kind of grossed me out when he bit her neck and then spit her blood into her mouth. The way Rachel describe the taste of copper and then how she felt nausea with stomach cramps but wet and aroused at the same time completely turned me off. The book fully embraces vampire “life” and what it brings with it to survive.

The story sometimes dragged a bit especially the first 50 pages of the story and almost lost interest but I hung on thinking this has to get better. I thought the writer spent too much time with Rachel experiencing the trance state in the beginning. However, I did enjoy the second half of the novel more than the first.

The story did intrigue me as Giovanni and Rachel travel though out the country to hide from the Desmariais family who was in search for Giovanni to take revenge for an old grudge of past crimes. I loved how Rachel took in Eli, a small boy whom they end up raising. The ending was sad but I thought that the writer could have given Giovanni a better fighting chance. Even though the perfect lives of these lovers are interrupted with a brutal ending, Rachel carries on with her life and I admired that about her.