Gates of Rapture (The Guardians of Ascension)

Gates of Rapture (The Guardians of Ascension) - Caris Roane This is one of the best vampire series romances out there today. Gates of Rapture didn’t disappoint me one bit, as a matter of fact, I enjoyed it more than any other. I loved the connection between the characters and I loved how the whole world was explained. This is a fast pace, fantasy romance, that will leave you thinking that this story has a neat,tied up ending, but don’t let things fool you.

I feel like a lot of people have this series confused with angels, but these are truly vampires, they just live in different dimensional worlds and have different ways of mating. Oh, and how I love the way these vampires mate… (Dragging mind out of gutter LOL). Anyhow, this story has a lot of action that will leave you on the edge of your seat. I loved how everything went down with Graves and the death vampires and how just about every character was a part of the whole scheme of things.

Leto and Grace are perfect together. To those that have read book 5, we were left with Grace leaving with Caimir, but we all knew she belonged with Leto. When Leto turns into the beast he keeps calling for her, and what do you think happens when she finally answers his call? Well you have to read the book to find out. All I can say is I wish I had a Leto too. Grace’s role in the story is wonderful. Once she finds out what she can do she will stop at nothing to do her best.

Casimir, has an awesome strong role in this story and I loved the direction the author took with him and his powers. I hope to read more about him and Patience one day.

I have to give Caris Ronae huge credit here. The publisher pulled the plug on this series way before it was intended. I felt Caris did an OUTSTANDING job delivering what looks like the closing of the series. I know it must have been hard for her to go back and rewrite everything and close it out, so huge KUDOS for a fantastic job Caris!! I also have to state here, if you think this is the end, well you better think again. There are more paths in the publishing world now then there used to be.